If you want to install the software activated with Steinberg Licensing on a new or additional computer, follow these steps:
- Download the latest Steinberg Download Assistant.
- Install the Steinberg Download Assistant.
- Open the Steinberg Download Assistant and sign in with your Steinberg ID.
Once you're signed in to the Steinberg Download Assistant, it will automatically handle the installation of other necessary tools, such as the Steinberg Activation Manager and the Steinberg Library Manager.
- Wait until the Steinberg Download Assistant has completed the installations.
- When the installations are completed, select your product on the left side.
- Proceed with downloading and installing your software.
- Once the installation is finished, you can start using the installed software!
When you start the installed software, the license will be automatically activated. By signing in through the Steinberg Download Assistant with your Steinberg ID, the software can access the license associated with your MySteinberg account.
This allows you to install and activate the software on up to three computers simultaneously.
But when I start the program, it does not find a license. What now?
If automatic license activation doesn't work when you launch the software, manually check your license in the Steinberg Activation Manager.
- Open the Steinberg Activation Manager.
- Sign in with your Steinberg ID in the Steinberg Activation Manager if prompted.
- Ensure your licenses are activated. For this, click "Activate" in the corresponding license entry.
- Once the license is activated, you can use your software.
Note that your licenses are stored in your user account. Therefore, make sure you're logged into the Steinberg Activation Manager with the correct Steinberg ID. If your license isn't displayed in the Steinberg Activation Manager, you might have a different account associated with a different email address. In that case, sign out of the Steinberg Activation Manager and log in again with the correct Steinberg ID.
I no longer need the license on my old computer. How do I deactivate it?
If you still have access to your old computer, open the Steinberg Activation Manager there and click "Deactivate" in the corresponding license entries. The license will be released.
My old computer is no longer accessible or the operating system was reinstalled. How can I deactivate the license anyway?
If your old computer is no longer accessible, you can log in with your Steinberg ID via a web browser and deactivate the licenses there.
You can find detailed instructions here:
Steinberg Licensing: Deactivating Licenses on Unavailable Computers