The Grace Period Check in Steinberg Activation Manager fails. The following error message occurs:
Error during Grace Period Check
An unknown error occurred while the grace period check was performed. Please try again.
Please ensure that the eLicenser Control Center is not set to run with administrator privileges.
- Close all programs.
- Open this folder: This PC > Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > eLicenser > eLCC
- Right-click on the file eLCC.exe to open the contextual menu.
- At the bottom of the contextual menu, select "Properties".
- In the Properties windows, select the "Compatibility" tab.
- Make sure that "Run this program as an administrator" is not selected.
Afterwards, the Grace Period Check in the Steinberg Activation Manager should complete successfully.
"Run this program as an administrator" must not be selected.