If you own a registered WaveLab Cast 1 license, you are entitled to a free update to WaveLab Cast 2, released on July 20, 2023.
Read more about the improvements in WaveLab Cast 2 on the product page...
The process of updating to WaveLab Cast 2 depends on the license you are already using:
- WaveLab Cast 1.3 is always Steinberg Licensing based.
- WaveLab Cast 1.2 can be both Steinberg Licensing-based and eLicenser-based.
- WaveLab Cast 1.1 or older is always eLicenser-based.
Updating from a Steinberg Licensing-based license
If you already have a Steinberg Licensing-based WaveLab Cast license, updating is straight-forward:
Updating from an eLicenser-based license
If your WaveLab Cast license is based on the now obsolete eLicenser technology, you need to switch to Steinberg Licensing, the current licensing scheme. To do so, please follow these steps:
- The Steinberg Download Assistant is required.
If it is not available on your system, you can find the installer here.
- Open the Steinberg Download Assistant.
- Choose WaveLab Cast 2 from the WaveLab category and install it.
- Log in to your MySteinberg account.
- Click on Vouchers.
- On the WaveLab Cast 2 voucher, click on "Redeem" and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please note that redeeming the voucher consists of two steps:
1. Using the Download Access Code to start the license update process.
2. Using the provided Activation Code to update your old WaveLab Cast license via the eLicenser Control Center.
Only after completing the second step, your WaveLab Cast 2 license becomes permanent.
- Run WaveLab Cast 2.
I don't know whether my license is based on eLicenser or Steinberg Licensing
To find out which technology your WaveLab Cast license is based upon, please follow these steps: