If you have registered an eLicenser-based license with your MySteinberg account that already offers the option of switching to the new Steinberg Licensing system, you will find the following entry under "Vouchers":
Upgrade to [product name] with Steinberg Licensing
By redeeming this voucher, you can change the license system and enjoy all the benefits of Steinberg Licensing. The old license will be kept, but cannot be upgraded or updated again.
Requirements for the change
- An eLicenser-based license is registered with your MySteinberg account, whose software already supports Steinberg Licensing.
- The version of Steinberg software you have installed supports Steinberg Licensing. This may require an update. If in doubt, update the software via the Steinberg Download Assistant. Here you will find a list of programs that allow you to switch to Steinberg Licensing.
- The Steinberg Download Assistant is installed.
- The eLicenser-based license is present in a Soft-eLicenser or on a connected USB-eLicenser and is displayed by the eLicenser Control Center.
Switching to Steinberg Licensing
This video shows the license change from eLicenser to Steinberg Licensing using WaveLab 11.1 as an example. The process is identical for other programs.
Please note: In the video, the voucher is still named "Migration Voucher". The term has since been changed to "Upgrade to [product name] with Steinberg Licensing".
- Log in to your MySteinberg account.
- Click on "Vouchers" in the navigation on the left.
This area is only available if there is actually a voucher available.
- On the right side available vouchers are displayed.
- Optional: Click on "Upgrade to [product name] with Steinberg Licensing" to show more details.
- Click on "Redeem" on the voucher to start the license change.
- A dialog window will open showing a download access code.
- Click on "Continue".
- An Activation Code is displayed. Click on "Send to eLCC" to transfer it.
At this point, a browser pop-up window might appear, prompting to grant permission to open the eLicenser Control Center.
- The eLicenser Control Center opens and has already accepted the activation code.
- Click on "Next".
- In the Soft-eLicenser or USB-eLicenser on the left, select the license that you want to switch to Steinberg Licensing.
- Click on "Upgrade License".
- Changing the license will take a few seconds. Then click on "Finish License Activation".
- After the upgrade, the license will have the words "(Upgraded to Steinberg Licensing)". It can still be used, but can no longer be upgraded or updated.
- Furthermore, a new Steinberg Licensing-based license will be automatically registered in your MySteinberg account.
- Open the Steinberg Activation Manager on your computer.
- The license that has just been switched to Steinberg Licensing is now available and can be used after clicking "Activate".