A license is being displayed with the comment "Verification Pending" in the Steinberg Activation Manager or in your MySteinberg account.
"Verification pending" means that a license update or upgrade requiring a change of license technology from eLicenser to Steinberg Licensing has been started by using a Download Access Code but has not been completed yet.
When entering a corresponding Download Access Code in the Steinberg Download Assistant, an initially temporary new license based on Steinberg Licensing is generated and stored in the customer account.
Subsequently, the old license - stored in a Soft-eLicenser or on a USB-eLicenser - is converted into a so-called "not upgradeable" license. This verifies the new license and makes it permanently valid. If this last step is missing, the new license is displayed with the remark "Verification pending".
Temporary licenses can be used without verification for a maximum of 30 days after the start of activation. After this period, the software can be used only after the verification is completed.
So far, pending verifications can only occur when updating/upgrading to Dorico 4 or Dorico Elements 4. These are the only products that already use Steinberg Licensing.
To complete the verification, please simply start the license activation again. These are the requirements:
- The license you want to update/upgrade is being displayed by the eLicenser Control Center on your system. This means, it is stored in a Soft-eLicenser on the hard disk or on a connected USB-eLicenser.
- Your new software has been successfully installed via the Steinberg Download Assistant.
- You have the Download Access Code for the update/upgrade at hand.
If this is the case, please complete the activation as described below.
- Open the Steinberg Download Assistant.
- Enter the Download Access Code at the top left.
- A dialog box opens, prompting you to activate the corresponding license. It also shows an Activation Code. You don't need to write it down.
- Click on the [Activate] button.
- An eLicenser Control Center window opens. The Activation Code has been filled in automatically.
- Select the license you want to update/upgrade.
- Click [Continue].
- Click [Upgrade License].
After the process has been completed, the name of the old license will have the affix "(Not upgradeable)".
Now your new license is permanent and the comment "Verification pending" in your MySteinberg account and the Steinberg Activation Manager is gone.
If Steinberg Activation Manager still shows “Verification Pending” once you have confirmed that your old eLicenser-based license has been marked as “not upgradeable”, please try the following steps:
- Close Steinberg Activation Manager and all Steinberg applications.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Reopen Steinberg Activation Manager.
- If that doesn’t work, sign out of Steinberg Activation Manager and sign back in.