Many Steinberg products are available as a crossgrade at discounted prices. To crossgrade means to switch from a specific software to another.
For example, from Cubase to Nuendo or from a 3rd party program to Steinberg software. Among others, it is possible to change from Live, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Sonar, Fruity Loops, Digital Performer, Studio One Professional or Reason to Cubase - or from Sibelius or Finale to Dorico.
A crossgrade requires that you own the corresponding software license. Crossgrade offers are not eligible for rental licenses or subscription models.
These instructions describe the entire process from requesting the required authorization to ordering step by step:
- Go to the product page and click the "Buy now" button to go to the online shop.
- If there are crossgrade offers for the selected product available, you can find them on the software's online shop page under "Full Versions". Once a crossgrade offer is selected, the requirements appear on the right side. Now, you can check if you own a software license that entitles you to order the selected crossgrade.
- Click on "Begin verification process".
- Make sure that you are logged in with your Steinberg ID and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Uploading the proof of eligibility requires you to provide either a .jpg, a .png or a PDF file.
- Having submitted the proof, Steinberg will review the request, which usually takes 1-2 working days. Therefore, please make sure to submit your request in time, especially for sales promotions about to end!
- Once your request has been processed, you will receive an email confirmation.
Please check your spam folder if you do not receive a reply.
- Open the confirmation email and click on the contained link, which will take you directly back to the online shop to complete the purchase.
Please note that the authorization to purchase a crossgrade is limited in time.
As soon as the validity expires, you have to resubmit the verification request.