License transfer from USB-eLicenser to USB-eLicenser
Licenses can be transferred from USB-eLicenser to USB-eLicenser if the following requirements are met:
- The latest eLicenser Control Center has been installed.
- The USB-eLicensers are connected to the same computer.
- The computer is connected to the internet.
To transfer a license, open the eLicenser Control Center, click on a displayed license (on the right) and drag it to the target USB-eLicenser (on the left). As soon as you release the mouse button, the license will be transferred.
License transfer from Soft-eLicenser to USB-eLicenser
Detailed information on how to transfer a license from Soft-eLicenser (hard disk) to USB-eLicenser can be found here:
Limitations of license transfers
- The eLicenser Control Center only allows transferring licenses to USB-eLicensers. Other license dongles (e.g. iLok) and ordinary USB flash drives are not supported.
- It is not possible to transfer licenses from an USB-eLicenser to a Soft-eLicenser (hard disk).
- It is not possible to transfer licenses online between different computers.
- Transferring a license does not mean copying or multiplying licenses. During a transfer a license will be removed from the original location (USB-eLicenser or Soft-eLicenser) and stored onto the target USB-eLicenser.