The USB-eLicenser is a small USB key (dongle, formerly Steinberg Key) on which music software licenses by different manufacturers can be stored. For licenses on an USB-eLicenser are independent from a specific computer, the corresponding software can be used on any computer to which the USB-eLicenser is connected. An USB-eLicenser can hold an virtually infinite number of licenses.
USB-eLicensers and licenses can be managed in the eLicenser Control Center, an utility that is automatically being installed along with the licensed software. Most issues that may occur when using an USB-eLicenser can easily be solved by updating the eLicenser Control Center. The latest version for your operating system is available here .
Please keep in mind: Licenses stored on a USB-eLicenser represent the entire value of the corresponding software!
Make sure to register your products and/or the USB-eLicenser with the respective manufacturer and keep in mind that losing an USB-eLicenser can mean losing the software!
Help Center articles dealing with USB-eLicenser related topics
- About licenses, Soft-eLicensers and USB-eLicensers
- Activation Code or Download Access Code is missing
- Activation Code unknown/unrecognized, license download fails
- USB-eLicenser is not recognized, license missing
- USB-eLicenser defective, lost or stolen
- Transferring licenses
- USB-eLicenser revisions
- Software companies using USB-eLicensers