The installation of content on macOS fails. An error message appears.
...*.vstsound could not be opened.
This problem seems to occur only when the target volume is an external disk connected to a computer running macOS.
Please follow these steps:
- Open the download folder defined in the Steinberg Download Assistant.
The default location is: /Users/Your Username/Downloads/Steinberg/OSX/
- Inside the OSX folder, open the folder that belongs to the content you've tried to install.
- Copy the downloaded vstsound file to the desired location on the external hard drive.
- Repeat this for other vstsound files you want to install on the external hard drive.
- Once all files have been copied completely, double-click one of the vstsound files.
- The Steinberg Library Manager opens.
- Enable the option "Register in Place". This means, the file(s) will not be moved, but registered.
- Click OK to finish the installation.
- The Steinberg Library Manager confirms the installation by prompting "VST Sounds registered successfully".
This installation issue is currently investigated and will be fixed as soon as possible.