Please find useful information on what to keep in mind when intending to use the AXR4T Thunderbolt device on Windows 10 below. A list of tested Thunderbolt controllers is included.
- The system has to have a Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C port) port to connect AXR4T.
- Thunderbolt technology must be enabled in the system's UEFI BIOS. Note that this also required when using an external 3rd party controller card that has been added to the system!
- Make sure to use the right combination of AXR4 TOOLS and Firmware.
(AXR4T with firmware V1.20 - TOOLS for AXR4T 1.2.0 etc.)
Compatibility - Controller Cards
It is recommended to use extension controller cards in combination with a mainboard by the same manufacturer only!
- ASUS - https://www.asus.com/Motherboard-Accessories/ThunderboltEX-3/
- Gigabyte - https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GC-TITAN-RIDGE-rev-10
(tested with Gigabyte H370 AORUS GAMING 3 WIFI mainboard)
Compatibility - Mainboards with built-in Thunderbolt Port
- Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5
- Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 7
- Make sure to have a look at this article on known issues.
- Do other Thunderbolt devices work correctly?
- The Windows Device Manager displays "device cannot start (Code 10)"
This error may occur if the initialization process cannot not be completed properly after the AXR4T was recognized. This might be due to a communication problem between the mainboard and the external controller card used. Make sure to use a Thunderbolt controller card by the same manufacturer as the mainboard if possible.