The USB-eLicenser is a small USB key (dongle, formerly Steinberg Key) on which music software licenses by different manufacturers can be stored. For licenses on a USB-eLicenser are independent of a specific computer, the corresponding software can be used on any computer to which the USB-eLicenser is connected. A USB-eLicenser can hold a virtually infinite number of licenses.
USB-eLicensers and licenses can be managed in the eLicenser Control Center, a utility that is automatically being installed along with the licensed software. Most issues that may occur when using a USB-eLicenser can easily be solved by updating the eLicenser Control Center. The latest version for your operating system is available here.
New USB-eLicensers are available from Steinberg dealers as well as through our online shop.
Please keep in mind: Licenses stored on a USB-eLicenser represent the entire value of the corresponding software!
Make sure to register your products and/or the USB-eLicenser with the respective manufacturer and keep in mind that losing a USB-eLicenser can mean losing the software!
Help Center articles dealing with USB-eLicenser related topics
- About licenses, Soft-eLicensers and USB-eLicensers
- Activation Code or Download Access Code is missing
- Activation Code unknown/unrecognized, license download fails
- USB-eLicenser is not recognized, license missing
- USB-eLicenser defective, lost or stolen
- Transferring licenses
- USB-eLicenser revisions
- Software companies using USB-eLicensers
- Buy a USB-eLicenser in our online shop