This article lists known issues, solutions, and workarounds for Cubase iC Pro.
Network related issues
- Apple's free network protocol Bonjour is required for the connection between Cubase and Cubase iC Pro. The installer can be downloaded from the Apple website: Download Bonjour
- Two networks (and IPs) on the same computer can't be used simultaneously. Please disconnect the Ethernet cable from the computer and then connect Cubase iC Pro via Wi-Fi/WLAN.
- If Cubase, Bonjour or Steinberg SKI Remote is blocked by a firewall, a connection between Cubase and Cubase iC Pro is not possible. Check your firewall if necessary. If you use the Windows Firewall, please follow this guide. Furthermore, please note the firewall configuration for Bonjour.
- In some cases, it may help to disable Bluetooth on your iPhone or iPad if no connection between Cubase and Cubase iC Pro can be established.
Project related issues
Changes to the project length in Cubase are not applied until Cubase iC Pro is restarted.
Arranger related issues
If you create new arranger parts in your project, they will be updated slowly in Cubase iC Pro.
Please close Cubase iC Pro, configure your arrangement and restart Cubase iC Pro.
If the arranger track does not contain events, the arranger button in Cubase iC Pro won’t toggle and stays inactive, while the status in Cubase switches to active. The arranger button in Cubase iC Pro can only be used, if the arranger track in Cubase contains events.
- It is not possible to toggle the metronome and the pre-count while a dialog box (e.g., the Studio Settings window) is open in Cubase. Close any dialog box before switching the metronome or the pre-count in Cubase iC Pro.
List of known issues
Click the link to open a list of known issues: Known issues chart
|CICP-712||Dragging the locators in big projects might slow down the application in some cases.||Currently, there is no solution available.|
|CICP-701||Deleting studio or cue channels in the Control Room setup in Cubase while a Cubase iC Pro session has been established leads to incorrect channel assignment in Cubase iC Pro’s Cue Mix mixer.||Please avoid changing your Control Room setup once a Cubase iC Pro session has been established.|
|CICP-705||Closing a project in Cubase while iC Pro is connected renders Cubase unreliable in some cases.||Please quit Cubase iC Pro before closing a Cubase project.|
|CICP-615||Disconnecting Cubase iC Pro from a network a number of times during a session might lead to an unstable connection to Cubase.||Please restart Cubase and Cubase iC Pro.|
|CICP-700||The VU-meter display of individual channel is sometimes displayed incorrectly on iPad mini devices.||Currently there is no solution available.|
|CICP-472||Switching between projects while Cubase iC Pro is connected to your host renders Cubase unreliable in some cases.||Please avoid switching projects while Cubase iC Pro is connected to Cubase.|
|CICP-449||Switching between projects might lead to redraw errors on the project page sometimes.||Please avoid switching projects while Cubase iC Pro is connected to Cubase.|
Imported key commands presets from iTunes are not available in Cubase iC Pro.
Cubase iC Pro requires to be reconnected in order to access the imported key commands presets.
|CICP-916||Cubase iC Pro's documents list in iTunes file sharing section remains empty, no "Presets" folder has been created.||Establish a connection between your iOS device and iTunes first and launch Cubase iC Pro afterwards to have the "Presets" folder created in the Cubase iC Pro documents list of iTunes.|
|CICP-649||Some key commands factory presets (e.g. "Arranger" Factory Preset) are not displayed when connecting Cubase iC Pro with Cubase LE/AI/Elements.||No solution, the availability of key commands depend on the host version.|
|CICP-926||Switching to another app via 4-finger-gesture while having the panner overlay opened renders Cubase iC Pro unreliable.||Avoid switching between apps while having the panner overlay opened.|