Cubase does not follow the scaling set in Windows under 'Control Panel > Appearance and Personalisation > Display > Make text and other items larger or smaller'. The graphical user interface of Cubase stays unscaled (100%) and cannot be viewed and controlled comfortably.
- Open the progam folder of Cubase: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 8\
32-bit installation on Windows 64 Bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Cubase 8\
- Right-click on "Cubase8.exe".
- Select "Properties" from the contextual menu that pops up.
- In the newly opened window 'Properties of Cubase8.exe', switch to the tab "Compatibility".
- Unmark the option "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings".
- Close the window by clicking on OK.
Next time you start Cubase, it will follow the scaling set in Windows.