In rare occasions, following layout issues can occur in the Project and MixConsole windows of Cubase (Elements, Artist and Pro) 9:
- Interface controls (for example buttons) are not accessible / cannot be used.
- Parts of the Project or MixConsole window contain black resp. empty areas.
- Zones cannot be properly sized back to a useful width or height.
- The MixConsole's toolbar is missing.
- Tabs in Zones are missing.
Since Cubase (Elements, Artist and Pro) 9.0.10, the layout of affected windows can be reset as follows:
- Select 'Windows...' from the 'Window' menu.
- A dialog window opens showing a list of currently opened windows.
- Select the affected window in the list.
- Click on 'Reset Layout'.
If you reset the layout of the MixConsole, the MixConsole window will be closed. Next time you open it, the standard layout will be restored.
If you reset the layout of the Project window, you will be asked to save the project and to restart Cubase. It is recommendable to create a backup of the project by saving the project under a new name. Next time you start Cubase the standard layout will be restored.