After updating or uninstalling WaveLab (all versions including WaveLab Pro, WaveLab Elements and WaveLab LE) on Windows, optical drives (CD/DVD) are missing in Windows. For example, they are not listed under "This PC" anymore.
This problem is still under investigation. In some cases, it seems to be caused by an obsolete registry entry that points to a driver that is not available on the system.
- Please uninstall WaveLab 10.
- Afterwards, download and install WaveLab 10.0.40 from scratch.
Please use the full installer available on the WaveLab 10 download page.
Older WaveLab versions
The following instructions describe how to modify an entry in the Windows registry.
Editing the Windows registry incorrectly can damage your Windows installation seriously.
Perform the steps below at your own risk.
Read more on the Windows registry on support.microsoft.com...
- If installed, uninstall WaveLab.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows logo key and R simultaneously.
- Enter the following string in the newly opened Run dialog box: regedit
- Click OK or press Enter.
- Navigate to:
- Double-click the entry "Upperfilters".
- A new window opens showing values in separate lines.
- If existent, delete the line with the value ASAPI manually and click OK.
- Restart your computer.
- The CD/DVD drive(s) should now be available again.
- If required, reinstall WaveLab.