Here is how to retrieve the serial number (ID) of a USB-eLicenser.
- Attach the USB-eLicenser to your computer
- Open the eLicenser Control Center (Mac: Applications, Windows: Programs). This is the license management tool that is being installed along with any Steinberg software.
- All detected USB-eLicensers with a 12 or 13-digit number will be shown.
Possibly, an installed Soft-eLicenser (a virtual license container on the hard disk) with a 20-digit number will be displayed as well, too.
- The numbers can be used to register all licensed programs with a MySteinberg account.
Steinberg Zero Downtime, our license replacement service, only covers USB-eLicensers that are registered with a MySteinberg account. Registering requires the USB-eLicenser serial number. If you don't know the serial number of a defective/lost/stolen USB-eLicenser that you haven't registered yet, you have the following options:
- Send us an activation code with which you've downloaded a license onto the USB-eLicenser to register with your MySteinberg account.
- Send us an eLicenser Control Center support file:
- Install the latest eLicenser Control Center.
- Open the eLicenser Control Center. (Mac: Applications, Windows: Programs)
- Select 'Create Support File...' from the 'Support' menu.
- The USB-eLicenser number also might have been captured in a log file from which our support team can retrieve the ID. If applicable, the log file can be found here:
- Mac OS X, macOS
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11
- Window XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\eLicenser\Logs\POS_Used_eLicenser_Serialnumbers.log