- This article describes the registration of Steinberg software.
Before you register, you might be interested in the benefits from registering your Steinberg software:
Only registered users receive technical support by email and phone.
- Steinberg Zero Downtime
What happens if your USB-eLicenser gets lost or damaged? Replacements can only be provided for registered USB-eLicensers. Read more...
A new Activation Code required for (re)activating your license after you've switched to a new computer can only be requested for registered software. Read more...
To be able to register, you need to have a MySteinberg account. If you don't have one yet, please create your own account here.
The registration also requires that you are somewhat familiar with the eLicenser concept. If you've never heard of eLicenser or eLicenser Control Center, you might want to learn more in this Help Center article before proceeding:
How to register
- Log in to your MySteinberg account.
- Click on the button [Register eLicenser / software].
- A new page opens, prompting you to enter the number of the eLicenser holding your license - or the Activation Code you've used to download the license.
Registering via eLicenser number
To find out the required eLicenser number, please open the eLicenser Control Center on your system. As shown on the screenshot below, detected eLicensers and their numbers are listed in the left column.
A USB-eLicenser and a Soft-eLicenser displayed by the eLicenser Control Center.
On your system there might be a single eLicenser listed only- or even multiple USB-eLicensers.
You don't need to write down the number. Use the "Registration" menu of the eLicenser Control Center to copy the eLicenser number into MySteinberg. This works best if you've already logged in to MySteinberg before.
Registering via used (!) Activation Codes
Alternatively, you can register your software by entering an Activation Code you've already used to download/activate the license.
- Regardless if you've registered using an eLicenser number or an Activation Code, the result is the same: As soon as the registration has been completed, the registered eLicenser as well as all licenses on it are listed in your MySteinberg account under MyProducts ▸ eLicensers.
MyProducts ▸ Software provides a different view of your registered software licenses.
Good to know
As mentioned above, registering a single license in your MySteinberg account means registering the corresponding eLicenser and all contained Steinberg licenses.
This is even valid for future licenses: Whenever you download a new Steinberg license onto an already registered eLicenser, the existing registration in MySteinberg will be updated automatically.
Please allow a few minutes for each license transaction performed in the eLicenser Control Center to be reflected in MySteinberg.