This article describes how to install Iconica sound libraries for HALion, HALion Sonic and HALion Sonic SE.
1. Preparing download and installation
- Download and install the Steinberg Download Assistant.
- Open the Steinberg Download Assistant and click on the requested Iconica sound library.
- A list of all available components of the chosen library appears.
2. HALion/HALion Sonic requirements
Iconica sound libraries can only be used with a compatible version of HALion, HALion Sonic or HALion Sonic SE.
Therefore, before you proceed and start to install the sound library content, please make sure you have installed HALion 6.1.15, HALion Sonic 3.1.15 or HALion Sonic SE 3.1.15 (or a newer version).
You can get the latest updates from here: HALion 6 | HALion Sonic 3 | HALion Sonic SE 3
You don't have HALion 6, HALion Sonic 3 or HALion Sonic SE 3 installed?
Both HALion 6 and HALion Sonic 3 are available from our online shop.
If you don't have HALion 6 or HALion Sonic 3, you can use HALion Sonic SE 3, which is included in Iconica. In Steinberg Download Assistant, the HALion Sonic 3 SE installer can be found at the top of the list of Iconica components.
Please note: HALion Sonic SE 3 is also included in Cubase 9.5 or later. So if you have installed Cubase 9.5, HALion Sonic SE 3 is already installed and, if neccessary, only needs to be updated.
This screenshot is showing all 'Iconica Sections & Players' components listed in the Steinberg Download Assistant.
Apart from their names, the sound library components can easily be recognized by their size.
3. Downloading and registering the components of the Iconica sound library
If you have a compatible version of HALion, HALion Sonic or HALion Sonic SE installed, please proceed as follows:
- Define the installation path in the 'Target folder:' field above the components list. It is recommended to store the downloads at a location where you want the sound library files to be placed permanently. Due to their size, moving the downloaded library components later takes additional time.
Once the download and installation path is set, download the sound library components via Steinberg Download Assistant.
To do so, click on 'Download' in the corresponding lines in the list of Iconica components in the Steinberg Download Assistant.
|Iconica library||contained sound library components||Size|
|Sections & Players||Strings
Percussion & Harp
|Opus||Ensembles + Sections & Players components||...|
A progress bar provides you with information on the running downloads.
Please note that the sound library components are huge. Depending on your internet connection, the downloads can take a considerable amount of time.
- Once all downloads have been completed (green progress bar), click on 'Open' in the line of the first library component listed by Steinberg Download Assistant.
- HALion Library Manager, a tool installed along with HALion/HALion Sonic (SE), opens and suggests to register the contained sound files ('Register VST Sounds').
- Click 'OK' to proceed and wait for the registration to finish. Please be patient. It can take some until all files have been registered completely.
- As soon as HALion Library Manager has completed the registration, a window pops up reporting that 'VST Sounds registered successfully.' Click 'OK' to confirm.
- To register the other downloaded library components, please return to Steinberg Download Assistant and repeat the registration steps above.
4. License requirements
Please remember that Iconica sound libraries can only be used with a valid license.
The Iconica license includes a license for HALion Sonic SE 3. If you want to use your Iconica library with HALion 6 or HALion Sonic 3, please make sure that the corresponding license is available on your system, too.
Help Center articles on license activation: