You have successfully downloaded a license by entering an activation code. However, the licensed program cannot be started. In the eLicenser Control Center, the license is being displayed with an incorrect name or is missing completely.
This problem may occur when the installation of the eLicenser Control Centers is outdated. More precisely, if a product is newer than the already installed version of the eLicenser Control Center, the license cannot be recognized properly and will be displayed with an incorrect name or even might be missing completely.
[Current operating systems]
For Windows 7 or newer and Mac OS X 10.9 or newer, please download the available eLicenser Control Center installer for your operating system and install it.
[Legacy operating systems]
Until August 2019, a license database update could be initiated with all versions of the eLicenser Control Center. This enabled old versions of the purchased application to run with a newer license as well without the need of the latest eLicenser Control Center installation.
Now, due to various technical reasons (certificates, operating system updates), this is not the case anymore. Old eLicenser Control Center versions you can find on the eLicenser page for your legacy operating system are cut off and cannot update the license database automatically anymore.
However, it is still possible to update the license database files (.sld) manually.
- Close the eLicenser Control Center.
- Download the zipped .sld file (approx. 13 MB).
- Unzip the 'SynsoPos407C.SLD' file into this folder and replace the existing one:
- Windows: C:\ProgramData\eLicenser\eLD
- Windows XP and earlier: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\eLicenser\eLD
- Mac OS X: Mac HD ▸ Library ▸ Application Support ▸ eLicenser ▸ eLD
- Start the eLicenser Control Center again.
If the license is shown correctly now, it should be possible to start the old program version again.