You have received an activation code for your Steinberg program but cannot use it since the computer on which you've installed the software is not connected to the Internet.
Steinberg programs that are using a Soft-eLicenser - a virtual license container on the hard disk - require a computer with Internet access. Without Internet access, licenses cannot be downloaded via the eLicenser Control Center.
In order to be able to use your Steinberg software on a computer without internet access you'll need a USB-eLicenser (copy protection device) on which you can download the license.
USB-eLicensers are available from every Steinberg dealer and, of course, at our online shop.
The following instructions assume you are having an unused activation code and a USB-eLicenser.
If you already have used the activation code to activate your Steinberg program on another computer, please follow this guide on how to transfer the license to a USB-eLicenser.
- Install the latest eLicenser Control Center on any computer - Mac or PC - with USB port and internet connection: http://www.steinberg.net/en/company/technologies/elicenser.html
It is not necessary to install the program you want to activate!
- Connect the USB-eLicenser. On Windows wait until the driver installation has finished.
- Open the eLicenser Control Center. On Windows computers you'll find it under Programs > eLicenser in the Start menu. On Macs in the "Applications" folder.
- Click on "Enter Activation Code".
- Enter the activation code.
- Select the connected USB-eLicenser as download target.
Done! Now the license is permanently stored on your USB-eLicenser. You can use it to activate any installation of the corresponding Steinberg program on any computer - online and offline!