VST Connect 5.6, released on July 27, 2023, no longer supports eLicenser-based licenses.
Therefore, an update to VST Connect 5.6 also requires switching to a Steinberg Licensing-based license. Afterward, an eLicenser is no longer needed when using VST Connect.
The change from eLicenser to Steinberg Licensing is the only change in this release, which is free for all VST Connect 5 users.
How to update to VST Connect 5.6
The following steps describe the update process for registered VST Connect 5 users.
If you purchase an update from an older VST Connect version, you'll be provided with a Steinberg Licensing-based license automatically.
- The Steinberg Download Assistant is required.
If it is not available on your system, you can find the installer here.
- Open the Steinberg Download Assistant.
- Choose VST Connect from the VST Cloud category and install it.
- Log in to your MySteinberg account.
- Click on Vouchers.
- On the VST Connect 5.6 voucher, click on "Redeem" and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please note that redeeming the voucher consists of two steps:
1. Using the Download Access Code to start the license update process.
2. Using the provided Activation Code to update your old VST Connect 5 license via the eLicenser Control Center.
Only after completing the second step, your VST Connect 5.6 license becomes permanent.
- Now, when using VST Connect 5.6, an eLicenser is no longer required.